Skype: omshviaprakash Twitter: omshivaprakash
IT Infrastructure Management Specialist with almost 10 years of experience with focus on all Technical support, Server administration, System Monitoring, Integration and consolidation, Backup Automation, Disaster recovery Management & Planning, Cloud Computing deployment & setup and other IT infrastructure management services.
08/2003 – Present: Carmatec IT Solutions Private Limited, Bangalore
Head, Technology & Training Previously worked as Technical Manager – System Integrator, Solution Specialist
04/2002 – 10/2003: NIIT Rajajinagar, Bangalore
Faculty, Center Network Administrator (CNA)
I have involved myself in providing system integration and management solutions to many clients across US, UK, Australia etc for 8+ years. Clients ranged from data-centers to large web-hosting companies. Hands-on experience on various modules involved in providing the solutions to a range of clients, makes me strong in core knowledge in these areas. Solutions involving system consolidation, virtualization, cloud infrastructure setup, backup and high availability solutions etc have been my forte for all these years. Building teams to handle various workloads of new and existing clients work has been one of the challenging tasks throughout my career.
Key Technical Skills:
- Server Administration training/Team building for L1/L2/L3 support requirements
- System Integration/Administration/Monitoring support
- Server Consolidation/Virtualization with OpenVZ/Citrix Xen/VmWare
- Server Hardening/Security/Patch Management/PCI Compliance
- High availability services for LAMP stack (Clustering DNS, Apache, MySQL etc), heartbeat, drbd etc.
- Performance tuning
- Automation of backup and monitoring processes
- Web appliances – cPanel, Plesk, Virtuzzo, HyperVM, Ensim, DirectAdmin, Webmin etc
- Disaster recovery Management/Planning
- Public/Private Cloud infrastructure deployment and management.
Self motivated, Quick Learner, Results Oriented, Multi-tasking
Active team player, Ability to develop and foster productive & efficient teams
Creativity, Visualizing, Aesthetic, Designing skills
Best troubleshooting and Programming skills
Best Technical/Customer Support Servicing with good Interpersonal Skills
Education & Certifications:
- Graduational Diploma in Business Administration from NIT, Mumbai
- Persuing MBA from ICFAI
- iGNIIT Certification from NIIT
- E-Certification Courses in .Net from NIIT Netvarsity
- Oracle DBA Certification Course from NIIT
- SUN Certified System Administrator (SCSA Level 1 & Level 2) for SOLARIS 9
- SUN Certified Network Administrator (SCNA) for SOLARIS 9
- Gnu/Linux Guru, FOSS Enthusiast – Spreading the word Open Source and GNU to make people breath the freedom
- Passionate Blogger http://platonic.techfiz.info | http://linuxaayana.net | http://kindarajogi.com
Special Interest Group Chair, Kannada Wikipedia
Voting Member, IEEE Chapter for project 1908.1
Editor, Arivina Alegalu, First FOSS Kannada EBook (http://arivu.sanchaya.net)
Have helped planning and organizing events to promote FOSS around Karnataka through Gnu/Linux Habba, Hejje and other events as a technology evangelist. These events have been first of its kind.
- Have a craze in Photography (Find me on Flickr http://flickr.com/photos/fizflicks) & Trekking
- Have written various column articles in news papers on technology in Kannada
- Have a flair to meet people, active on Social networking sites such as LinkedIN, Twitter, Facebook etc.
Some of the recent appearances