ToolServer shows my wiki activity. It’s nice to see that I have done atleast an edit on Kannada wiki through out 2012. It has been very tempting to go and find stuff that is not available on Free Encyclopedia of my Language, and edit whatever I feel is necessary.
Here is a quick view on my wiki edit status grabbed through toolserver.
|First edit:||Apr 07, 2007 06:41:03|
|Unique pages edited:||649|
|Average edits per page:||2.63|
|Total edits (including deleted):||1,708|
Going further I get to see where I exactly contributed to Wikipedia. 57% of my work has gone into editing articles and 22.83% of my edits are into templates.
The following graph shows my contributions month wise.
Because, I find it necessary to contribute my knowledge.
Because, I enjoy editing.
Because, I want all possible information available in my language to be searched and found at the top of Google Search bar.
Updates for 2013:
- Kannada Wikipedia Facebook Group is about to touch 2500 members! https://facebook.com/groups/kannadawikipedia
- This year, we are planning to reach out via Google Hangouts and IRC channels. More events outside Bangalore?
- We are editing district pages
- We are fixing Padma Awards pages
- Award Winners pages to be created
- Need people to spread a word about Kannada Wikipedia during Bijapur Kannada Sahitya Sammelana
- Let us click pictures and update Wikipedia pages with relevant images. Participate in WLM2013 (Wiki Loves Monuments)
- Build community to work around ‘Karnataka 1000‘ wiki project.
- Build technical community to fix technical issues and make a difference in growth of Wikipedia.
There is lot more that can be done @ Kannada Wikipedia.
Join me in this run…