Attansic Ethernet card doesnot seem to be working on many motherboards.
#lspci | grep Ethernet
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. Device 1063 (rev c0)
Follow these steps to get it working:
1. First download this file: AR81Family-linux-v22.214.171.124.tar.gz from here: http://partner.atheros.com/Drivers.aspx
2. Yes, you need to put that onto your Ubuntu box via windows drive or via a USB drive.
3. Open up a terminal and unpack the archive like this:
tar zxvf AR81Family-linux-v126.96.36.199.tar.gz
(ignore any errors)
4. Change into the src directory:
5. Make sure you have all the required tools (Not needed if your’e on Ubuntu 9.04):
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic build-essential make
6. Run the make command to build the network card driver:
sudo make install
7. The driver file will be placed in the correct /lib/modules location
8. Install the driver:
sudo modprobe atl1e
9. Check if it works, you should see a new eth1 or something in the output from:
10. Check if you can get an ip address:
sudo dhclient eth1
11. Add that module to the /etc/modules file so it will load on boot
sudo echo atl1e >> /etc/modules
12. Reboot and you should be set.